- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 800g pork scotch fillet (pork neck)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Kikkoman Honey and Soy Marinade and Sauce
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 750ml (3 cups) chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Coleslaw and bread rolls, to serve
As an alternative, you can replace the maple syrup with honey.
Approx. 3 hours 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 160degC. Combine paprika, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano and oil in a large bowl. Add pork and turn to coat in the spice mixture.
- Heat a large heatproof casserole pan over medium heat. Add pork and cook, for 5 minutes or until browned all over.
- Add Kikkoman Honey and Soy Marinade, Kikkoman Soy Sauce and chicken stock, bring to the boil. Transfer pan to the oven and cook pork for 3 hours, turning occasionally or until tender.
- Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Reserve cooking liquid.
- Place 250ml (1 cup) reserved cooking liquid and maple syrup in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes.
- When pork is cool enough to handle, shred meat. Toss through reserved cooking liquid.
- Serve pork with coleslaw and bread rolls. Or try with Asian slaw.