Substitute snow peas for sugar snap peas if desired.
Sweet Soy Pork with Sugar Snap Pea and Asparagus Salad
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed, then each cut into 3 julienne strips lengthways
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 4 x 150g (approx.) pork chops or pork cutlets, trimmed
- Olive oil spray
- 2 tablespoons (40mL) Kikkoman Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthwise, then thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon (20 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon (20mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon (20mL) fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon (20mL) rice vinegar
- 1 extra tablespoon (20mL) Kikkoman Sweet Soy Sauce
- In a saucepan of simmering water cook sugar snap peas and asparagus for 1-2 minutes, or until bright green and just tender but still crisp. Refresh under cold running water to stop cooking and to retain colour. Drain well. Place sugar snaps, asparagus, cucumber and coriander in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Spray with olive oil. Add the pork chops and cook for 4-5 minutes each side for medium (depending on the thickness) or until done to your liking. Just before removing the pork, add the Sweet Soy Sauce and turn chops to coat on both sides. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- In a small jug, whisk together the vegetable oil, lime and orange juices, rice vinegar and the Sweet Soy Sauce.
- Divide the salad mixture equally among 4 plates. Place pork chop on top, then drizzle over the dressing. Serve with extra Sweet Soy Sauce in a small bowl if desired.
Variation: substitute Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce if desired.