Stir Fried Ginger Prawns with Asparagus and Snow Peas
- 600g green prawns shelled and de-veined
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 150g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, tough ends removed, each cut diagonally into 3 pieces
- 1 small red capsicum, cut into small dice
- 3 spring (green) onions, finely sliced diagonally
- 8 pieces baby sweet corn, halved lengthwise
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 ½ tablespoons (30mL) Kikkoman Less Salt Soy Sauce*
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Cook the prawns, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until they change colour and are just cooked. Do not overcook. Set aside.
- Blanch the snow peas and asparagus for about 30 seconds in simmering water.
Drain and set aside.
- Add snow peas, asparagus, capsicum, spring onions and sweet corn to the pan and stir fry for 2 minutes or until just tender. Add ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute,
taking care not to burn.
- Return prawns to the pan with the vegetables and toss to combine. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Variation: 600g cooked chicken can be substituted for prawns if desired.
*Variation: Kikkoman regular Soy Sauce or Kikkoman Gluten Free Soy Sauce can be substituted if desired.