Sticky Sweet Soy Pork Spareribs
15 minutes plus a minimum of 4 hrs marinating time
- 80mL (1/3 cup) tomato sauce
- ½ cup (125mL) Kikkoman Sweet Soy Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon (20mL) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- About 1.2kg pork spare ribs
- Watercress sprigs, to serve
- Combine tomato sauce, Kikkoman Sweet Soy Sauce, garlic, ginger, oil and chilli flakes in a small bowl. Place ribs in a non-metallic flat dish and pour over the Sweet Soy mixture. Turn the ribs to coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge, turning occasionally for 4 hours or overnight for a deeper flavour.
- Preheat oven to 210 deg.C. Pour enough water over the base of a baking dish to cover (to help prevent excess marinade from smoking).
- Brush a wire rack with the oil and place in baking dish over the water.
- Remove ribs from marinade and pat dry with paper towels to prevent burning. Arrange in a single layer on the wire rack. Reserve marinade.
- Bake ribs in preheated oven, turning and basting occasionally with the reserve marinade. Cook for 40-50 minutes or until ribs are golden brown and sticky. Remove ribs from oven.
- Place on a heated serving platter and top with watercress slices. Serve immediately