Steamed Baby Barramundi with Ginger and Coriander Soy
Approx. 20 minutes
- Baby barramundi, whole
- 10g fresh ginger
- 1/4 bunch fresh coriander
- 4 stalks spring onion
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 50mL vegetable oil
- 3 tsp. Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp. water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- Put a steamer on the boil.
- Rinse and dry the baby barramundi, and make a slash on the thickest part of its back. Set aside. Finely slice the spring onion and fresh ginger.
- Arrange the fish on a plate, place 2 spring onions under the fish and one slice of ginger inside the belly of the fish.
- When steamer is boiling, place the Barramundi within in and steam over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Next, make the soy seasoning in a pot and slowly bring to the boil. Once it boils, set aside.
- When the fish is ready, remove from the steamer and drain any liquid on the plate.
- Arrange the finely cut fresh ginger and spring onion over the fish and drizzle the soy seasoning over the fish.
- Optional: heat the vegetable oil in a pot until smoking hot, pour over the steamed fish, spring onion and fresh ginger.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh coriander. Clean plate and serve.