Soy-Poached Chicken and Green Mango Salad
Approx. 30 minutes
- 250 ml (1 cup) Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce*
- 3 large slices ginger
- 2 red birds-eye chillies, halved
- 1 garlic head, halved
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 green mango, cut into julienne on a mandolin
- 3/4 cup each (loosely packed) coriander sprigs, mint and Vietnamese mint
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 red Asian shallots, thinly sliced
- Fried shallots (optional), to serve
- 30g caster sugar
- 40ml fish sauce
- 30ml Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 20ml fish sauce
- 1 red bird-eye chilli, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Combine Kikkoman Soy Sauce, ginger, chilli, garlic, lime juice and 1 litre cold water in a saucepan, add chicken, then bring just to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stand in liquid for 10 minutes, then drain and slice.
- For soy-lime dressing, stir sugar and 30ml hot water in a small bowl to combine, then add lime juice, Kikkoman Soy Sauce, fish sauce, chilli and garlic and stir to combine, set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Slice chicken, add to salad with dressing, toss to combine and serve.
*This can be replaced with Kikkoman Less Salt Soy Sauce.