Slow Cooker Red Curry Chicken
2 hours 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (30mL) vegetable oil
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets, cut in half cross ways
- 114g can Thai red curry paste*
- 1 cup (250mL) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 150g green beans
- 1 stick lemon grass, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman Sweet Chilli, Ginger & Soy Marinade & Sauce
- 140mL can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- Juice 1/2 lime
- Steamed jasmine rice and lime wedges, to serve
- Sliced red chilli (optional) to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Cook chicken in batches for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Reduce fry pan heat to low and add remaining oil. Add curry paste and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes or until mixture is fragrant. Add stock and stir until curry paste has dissolved. Add beans and lemon grass. Pour over chicken and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until chicken is really tender.
- Combine fish sauce, Sweet Chilli Marinade and coconut milk in a jug. Add to chicken, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for a further 30 minutes. Stir in coriander leaves and lime juice. Spoon curry over rice and serve immediately. Top with sliced chilli, if using.
*Curry pastes vary in terms of heat. Adjust the amount to suit your taste.