Teriyaki Roast Kingfish with Cucumber and Enoki Japanese Salad
10 minutes, plus marinating.
- 4 kingfish fillets (190g each)
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, seeds removed, sliced into ribbons
- 80g enoki mushrooms, trimmed
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 punnet baby shiso, trimmed (optional)
- 1 cup coriander (loosely packed), coarsely torn
- 2 tbsp pickled ginger, thinly sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
Sesame and Soy Dressing
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 10ml each mirin and rice wine vinegar
- 5g (1cm piece) ginger, finely grated
- 10ml sesame oil
- 20ml ground nut oily
- Pinch of caster sugar
- Brush kingfish with Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce, place in a non-reactive container and refrigerate for flavours to develop (5 hours overnight).
- For the sesame and soy dressing, whisk together ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Preheat a char-grill (BBQ) over medium-high heat, drizzle kingfish with oil and grill, brushing with marinade, turning once until charred (1-2 minutes each side). Transfer to a tray lined with baking paper and roast until just cooked through (8-10 minutes).
- Combine cucumber, enoki, spring onion, baby shiso, coriander and pickled ginger in a bowl, drizzle over three-quarters of the dressing and toss to combine. Serve with teriyaki kingfish with extra dressing drizzled over if desired and scattered with sesame seeds.