Sweet Chilli Pork in Noodle Broth
20 minutes plus 2 hours marinating time
- 500g (4) pork medallion steaks
- 1 cup (250mL) Kikkoman Sweet Chilli, Ginger & Soy Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce
- 200g dried rice stick noodles
- 8 cups (2L) salt reduced chicken stock
- 5cm piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons (40mL) fish sauce
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 150g green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
- 150g chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Sliced spring (green) onions, mint and
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Place pork in a flat non-metallic dish. Add half the Sweet Chilli Marinade, and coat well.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cook noodles according to instructions on pack.
- Combine next 4 ingredients and remaining Sweet Chilli Sauce in a large saucepan over moderate heat. Bring stock mixture to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add carrot and beans and simmer for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cabbage.
- Drain marinade from pork. Discard marinade.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large fry pan over moderate heat. Add pork, cooking for about 3 minutes each side until cooked.
- Transfer pork to a carving board and thinly slice.
- Divide noodles among 4 serving bowls and ladle hot stock over noodles. Top each bowl with pork, onions, mint, and coriander. Serve extra Sweet Chilli, Ginger & Soy Marinade in small bowls as a dipping sauce.