This is delicious served cold.
Beef and Pork Meatloaf with Sesame, Ginger & Soy Glaze
1 hour 10 minutes
- 125g bacon, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 400g beef mince
- 400g sausage meat
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp (20mL) Kikkoman Sesame, Ginger & Soy Marinade & Sauce*
- 1/4 cup (45g) sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- Extra Sesame, Ginger & Soy Marinade & Sauce for basting
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Tomato chutney, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 deg. C. Lightly oil base and sides of a 7cm deep, 11cm wide and 21cm long loaf pan.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and using hands, stir to combine. Press mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until firm, and top is brown, basting from time to time with the Sesame, Ginger & Soy Marinade. (To test, insert a skewer and leave in for 3 seconds. Remove skewer and hold it against your wrist. It should feel hot.)
- When cooked, remove from oven and stand for at least 10 minutes, then slice.
- Serve with steamed green beans and tomato chutney.
*Variation: Substitute with Kikkoman Sweet Chilli, Ginger & Soy Marinade & Sauce if desired.