Spiced Mushroom Soup
- 2 tbs. rice bran oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 500g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 kestrel potato, peeled and cut into 6
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- Heat oil in a large pot and add the onions, cumin powder, and coriander powder and garam masala. Cook for a few minutes until the onion have softened.
- Add the mushrooms and potato and stir to ensure everything is coated in the onion and spices.
- Add the vegetable stock, water and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are completely cooked through.
- To finish add soy sauce to taste. Using a stick blender puree soup until smooth and silky.
- Optionally, serve with freshly shaved mushroom, sprigs of coriander and a side of naan bread.