Soy Roast Pumpkin Salad
- 1/2 small pumpkin, cut into 1.5cm thick wedges
- 40ml Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 20g honey
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 30ml light olive oil
- 200g baby beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups (loosely packed) baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (loosely packed) frisee
- 1/2 cup coarsely torn mint
- 1 punnet shiso cress, trimmed (optional)
- 2 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 50ml light olive oil
- 30ml red wine vinegar
- 25ml Kikkoman Natually Brewed Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Pinch of sugar, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C. Combine pumpkin, Kikkoman Soy Sauce, honey, garlic, paprika and olive oil in a large bowl, season to taste with freshly ground pepper, stir to coat then spread on a roasting tray lined with baking paper and roast, turning occasionally, until tender and slightly darkened on the edges (35-40 minutes). Set aside until required (serve warm or at room temperature).
- Meanwhile, blanch beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water until bright green and just tender (2-3 minutes), drain, refresh under cold running water, drain well and combine in a bowl with spinach, mizuna, shiso and shallot. Refrigerate until required.
- For soy dressing, whisk ingredients in a separate bowl to emulsify, season to taste with freshly ground pepper, drizzle two-thirds over bean mixture and toss lightly to combine.
- Arrange pumpkin wedges on serving plates, drizzle with remaining dressing, then pile salad on top and serve.