Char Sui Pork Fillet
15 minutes, plus overnight marinating.
- 2 pork fillets, cut in half
- 70ml hoisin sauce
- 70ml ketchup
- 70ml Shaoxing rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Less Salt Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. Chinese 5 Spice
- 1 knob ginger, finely grated
- 3 drops sesame oil
- Place all the ingredients, apart from the pork into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour a quarter of the marinade into a small pot and gently simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thicker and fragrant. Reserve.
- Pour the rest of the marinade into a plastic container with the pork fillets and ensure they are evenly covered. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Place pork into a baking dish and cook for 35-45 minutes in the oven. Remove from the oven and heat a BBQ or grill. Sear the meat on each side for 1-2 minutes, basting with the reserved marinade.
- Allow the meat to rest briefly before slicing and serving with either plain rice or your favourite fried rice and Asian greens.