Kikkoman Sweet Chilli, Ginger & Soy Chicken on Coconut Rice
15 minutes, plus marinating time.
Approx. 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 100g shredded desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, well washed and soaked in cold water for 10 minutes.
- 2 cups chicken stock
Sweet Chilli, Ginger & Soy Chicken
- 8 free range, skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 75ml Kikkoman Sweet Chilli, Ginger & Soy Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce, plus extra for serving
- 1 tbsp.vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, split in half lengthways, seeded and cut into 2cm dice
- Zest of 1 lime
- Mint and coriander leaves to garnish
- For the coconut rice:heat the oil over a moderate heat and add the onion, cinnamon stick and coconut. Gently fry until the onion is soft. Add the drained rice and stock, mix well and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down to the lowest setting, put the lid on tightly and cook for 20 minutes without uncovering. Remove from the heat and set aside without uncovering for 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff up with a fork.
- For the sweet chilli, ginger & soy chicken:preheat the oven to 200degC.
- Put the chicken and marinade into a bowl and mix well. Marinate for 20 minutes, or overnight.
- Pour the oil over the bottom of a roasting pan. Add the chicken thighs into the pan and place in the oven and for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the oven and slice each thigh in half lengthways.
- Serve the chicken on the coconut rice with the peanuts, mint, coriander, tomatoes, cucumber and zest sprinkled on top.
- Serve a small bowl of Kikkoman Sweet Chilli, Ginger & Soy Marinade & Sauce on the side for dipping.