As an option, you can include finely diced prawns.
Pork, Ginger and Cabbage Pot Stickers
4 to 6
- 1 head of Chinese cabbage shredded
- 1 large knob of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450g fresh ground pork
- 1 bunch of spring onions, finely diced
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 3 tbsp. Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 packages of won ton wraps
- 1tsp. peanut oil
- In a bowl, add pork mince, ginger, garlic cabbage, coriander, onions, soy sauce, cider vinegar, season with salt and pepper, move to the fridge to cool.
- To make the pot sticks, add 1 tablespoon of mixture to each won ton skin, and the brush the edges with water, seal together around the edges with your fingers.
- Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the dumplings in the skillet (not too close together) and cook, without disturbing them, until their sides are golden brown which takes about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water and immediately cover the pan.
- Turn the heat down a bit, to medium. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and turn the heat back up to medium-high. If there is remaining water, cook it off. Shake the pan a few times, turning the dumplings, as you continue frying the dumplings until their sides become crispy, about 2 minutes more.