Sesame Chicken Stir Fry with Chinese Five Spice
- 800g chicken stir fry strips
- 4 tbsp. Kikkoman Roasted Garlic & Soy Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tbsp. (40ml) vegetable oil
- 1 bunch spring (green) onions, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 200g French beans, halved lengthways, then cut into 3 pieces crossways
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup whole baby sweet corn
- 1/2 cup (125ml) salt reduced beef stock
- 2 extra tablespoons (40ml) Kikkoman Roasted Garlic & Soy Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. cornflour
- Sliced mild red chilli, to serve (optional)
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Combine Roasted Garlic & Soy Marinade, rice vinegar, ginger and Chinese five spice in a large bowl and stir until mixed well. Add the chicken and stir until fully coated. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. (For a deeper flavour marinate for approx. 2 hrs.).
- Meanwhile, prepare the sweet corn, spring onions, French beans and onion.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add chicken mixture and stir fry in batches for about 3 minutes or until brown, taking care not to burn. Transfer each batch to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add spring onion, beans, red onion and corn to wok and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until onion is soft, but still tender. Add chicken, stock, extra Roasted Garlic & Soy Marinade and sesame oil. Bring to the boil.
- Combine cornflour and a little cold water in a small bowl. Mix well. Add to the stir fry mixture and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Place in individual serving bowls and sprinkle with chilli and sesame seeds. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.