Green tea noodles and Schichimi can be sourced from Asian food stores.
Soy and Garlic Marinated Lamb with Green Tea Noodles
- 1kg lamb racks, sliced into 2 bone cutlets
- 250ml Kikkoman Roasted Garlic & Soy Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce
- 100gm green tea noodles
- 1 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 tsp. Schichimi or chilli flakes
Dressing for Noodles
- 1 tbsp. peanut or vegetable oil
- Juice and zest of one mandarin
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 2cm piece of ginger, finely grated
- Place lamb cutlets in a large zip lock bag. Add 125ml of the marinade and seal. Leave to marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the noodles by bringing a large pan of water to a boil. Cook the noodles for 4-5 minutes or until just tender. Rinse with water and drain. Prepare the dressing by placing all of the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk to emulsify. Place noodles in a serving bowl and add the dressing. Mix well and top with sesame seeds and chilli. Set noodles aside until ready to serve.
- Heat a grill plate on medium heat. Remove the cutlets from the bag and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes or until medium rare. Place the remaining 125ml of the marinade in a small pan on medium heat and reduce until thickened to a glaze consistency.
- To serve place cutlets on a platter and drizzle with the glaze. Noodles can be served hot or cold. Add any favourite green vegetable and rice to complete the meal.