Substitute sugar snap peas for snow peas if desired, or 100g of each one if desired.
Chicken Stir Fry on Lettuce Cups
- 1/2 tablespoon (10mL) vegetable oil
- 600g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced*
- 1 onion, halved, then cut into thin wedges
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 200g snow peas, julienned
- 1 red capsicum, halved, de-seeded, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons (80mL) Kikkoman Sweet Soy Sauce
- 12 baby cos lettuce leaves
- Red chilli, sliced finely, to serve
- Heat oil in a large non-stick fry pan or wok over high heat. Add chicken slices and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and the ginger to the wok and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the peas and the capsicum and stir fry for another 2 minutes. Add the chicken and the Sweet Soy Sauce and stir fry for another 1-2 minutes, making sure the chicken and vegetables are well coated with the sauce.
- Divide the lettuce leaves among individual serving plates and fill with the chicken mixture. Top with spring onions.
*Option to use chicken stir fry strips, available from supermarkets.
Variation: Substitute Kikkoman Sweet soy sauce with Kikkoman Honey and Soy Marinade & Stir fry Sauce.