You can make the marinade up to a day before and refrigerate until required. Do not add the beef at this stage.
Thai Beef Salad
Approx. 20 minutes
Approx. 10 minutes
- 4 lamb shanks
- 2 tablespoons (40mL) olive oil
- 700g beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 80mL vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves, torn
- 1 cup mint leaves, torn
- Chopped roasted peanuts (optional) to serve
- 3cm piece ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 long red chillies, seeded and chopped
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons (40mL) fish sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125mL) Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Stir-Fry Sauce
- To make the marinade, process ginger, garlic, one of the chillies, lemon zest and juice, fish sauce and brown sugar in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the Teriyaki Marinade to this mixture and mix well. Place beef in a large, flat non-metallic dish, pour over marinade, cover and refrigerate to marinate for 1/2 hour.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large wok over high heat. Add half the beef mixture and stir-fry for 3 minutes until beef is browned, but just cooked through. Remove from wok and repeat with the remaining oil and beef mixture.
- Place onion, cucumber, coriander and mint leaves, remaining chilli, beef mixture in a large bowl and toss to combine. Top with roasted peanuts if using.
- Serve with rice stick noodles or steamed rice, if desired.