Sweet Soy Stir Fried Beef
Approx. 15 minutes
- 4 French shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup (60mL) vegetable oil (extra)
- 1 kg rump steak, cut into 6cm square sliced (approx.)*
- 2 medium, ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup (125mL) Kikkoman Sweet Soy Sauce
- 3 green (spring) onions (green tops only), sliced diagonally
- Place shallots, garlic, ginger and the 1/4 tablespoon oil into the small bowl of a food processor. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water. Pulse to form a coarse paste.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large wok over medium-high heat. Stir fry beef for 1-2 minutes until browned on both sides. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat and add the paste and stir fry for 1 minute or until fragrant, taking care not to burn.
- Increase heat under wok to high. Return beef to wok and stir fry for 2 minutes until brown.
- Reduce heat, add tomatoes and Sweet Soy Sauce, and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until beef is just cooked.
- Serve topped with sliced green onions.
*Alternatively you can use beef stir fry strips available from supermarket.