Substitute stir fry beef strips if desired, but increase cooking time to 3 minutes.
Teriyaki Calamari Stir Fry with Snow Pea Salad
- 2 tablespoons (40mL) Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- 2 tablespoons (20mL) fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon (40mL) rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons (60mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon (10mL) vegetable oil
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, and julienned lengthwise on the diagonal
- 100g red or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 long, mild red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- Extra 1 tablespoon (20mL) vegetable oil
- Extra 1 tablespoon (20mL) Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- 400g fresh or frozen calamari rings (not crumbed)
- 6 spring (green) onions, cut into 5cm lengths
- To make the sauce, place Teriyaki Marinade, fish sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, sugar and vegetable oil in a small jar with lid and shake well to combine.
- Blanch the snow peas in gently simmering water for about 30 seconds. Drain and plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Toss the snow peas, cherry tomatoes, chilli, coriander and capsicum with half the sauce, reserving the other half.
- Heat the extra oil and Teriyaki Marinade in a large wok over high heat and stir fry the calamari and spring onions for 2 minutes or until calamari is just cooked. Do not overcook as it will become tough.
- Add remaining sauce and toss through calamari. Serve in individual serving bowls with the salad.
Variation: substitute Kikkoman Sweet Soy Sauce if desired.
Variation: use frozen Salt & Pepper Calamari rings if desired, following cooking instructions on pack.