Soy Glazed Tuna with Stir Fried Greens with Garlic and Soy
25 minutes (plus marinating)
- 4 tuna steaks, (200g each)
- Toasted black and white sesame seeds
- Thinly sliced chilli and spring onion to serve
- 2 tbsp. Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 40g white sugar
- 25ml malt vinegar and shao xing wine
Greens with Garlic and Soy
- 50ml Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. malt vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 150g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch (about 260g) choy sum, trimmed and halved horizontally
- 1 bunch (about 220g) broccolini, trimmed and halved horizontally
- 20g ginger, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- For the tuna marinade, combine Kikkoman Soy Sauce, sugar, vinegar and shao xing in a small saucepan over medium heat stir to dissolve sugar and reduce over until thick (10-12 minutes). Cool then brush tuna steaks with glaze and refrigerate to marinate (2-3 hours).
- Preheat a char grill over medium-high heat, cook tuna, brushing with marinade, turning once until charred and cooked to your liking (2 minutes each side for medium-rare), set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, for greens with garlic and soy, combine Kikkoman Soy Sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame in a small bowl and set aside. Heat oil in a large wok over high heat, add ginger and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant (30 seconds).
- Add greens and stir-fry until starting to colour (about 2 minutes). Add soy mixture stir fry until vegetables are coated (about 2 minutes) then add 3 tbsp. water and stir fry until bright green and cooked through (about 3 minutes).
- Serve hot with tuna, scattered with sesame seeds, chilli and spring onion.