Rump Steak with Baby Truss Tomatoes, Rocket Salad & Garlic Mayonnaise
Approx. 10 minutes
- 4 (200g approx.) rump steaks
- 1/2 cup (120mL) Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce
- Olive oil
- 400g baby truss tomatoes
- 2 bunches rocket, washed and dried
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Pinch sugar, to taste
- 1 cup store-bought Egg Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce
- Pre-heat barbecue grill to hot. Brush steaks lightly with olive oil. Cook steaks 4-5 minutes on one side (depending on thickness of meat), brushing regularly with the Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Marinade.
- Turn, baste with more Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Marinade and cook for another 4 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, cover loosely with foil and allow resting for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush tomatoes with olive oil, place on grill and cook for 3 minutes each side, turning frequently until just tender.
- To make the garlic mayonnaise, combine mayonnaise and Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Marinade and mix well. Place in a small serving bowl and set aside.
- To make the salad, whisk together olive oil, vinegar and sugar. Place rocket in a large salad bowl, add dressing and mix gently, making sure rocket is well coated.
- To serve: Carve steaks into serving size pieces and place on a large platter, together with the tomatoes. Serve salad and garlic mayonnaise separately.
Variation: substitute lamb steaks if desired.