Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Steamed Asparagus
- 1/2 cup (125mL) Kikkoman Japanese Barbecue Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 tbsp. (20mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 x 400g pork loin
- 3 bunches fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Extra Kikkoman Japanese Barbecue Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce to serve
- Combine the Kikkoman Japanese Barbecue Marinade, vinegar, sesame oil, honey and ginger in a bowl and mix well. Place pork in a flat non-metallic dish and pour over marinade. Cover and marinate at room temperature while preparing the asparagus and dipping sauce. (NB. Do not leave meat at room temperature for more than 1 hour).
- For the asparagus, cut off any fibrous ends, and set aside.
- Spray barbecue or grill pan with olive oil, then pre-heat on medium/high. Cook the pork for 5 minutes on each of the 4 sides, rotating it for a quarter of a turn each time, or until cooked to your liking. Baste the pork with extra sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove pork from heat and allow resting for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, steam the asparagus spears for about 4 minutes until just tender.
- Place the pork on a clean carving board and slice diagonally into thick slices.
- To serve: Place the sliced pork on a platter and add the asparagus alongside the pork. Serve the extra barbecue sauce separately.