Barbecued Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Asian Flavours
- 2 kg leg lamb, boned, butterflied and trimmed of fat (see note)
- 1 cup (250mL) Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce
- 3 tablespoons (60mL) rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon (10mL) olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon (20mL) ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Extra 1/2 cup Roasted Garlic Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce for serving
- For the marinade*, combine the rice vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Marinade & Stir Sauce, ginger, onion and chilli flakes and mix to combine.
- Place lamb in a large, flat non-metallic dish and pour over the marinade, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 2 hours** to marinate, turning once.
- Pre-heat barbecue grill on moderately high heat. Remove lamb from refrigerator and pat dry with paper towels to help prevent burning. Reserve marinade.
- Barbecue lamb for 10-12 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking, basting from time to time with the reserved marinade.
- Transfer meat to a carving board and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Place half a cup of Roasted Garlic Marinade in a small jug and serve separately.
Note: The sweet and sour salsa can be made the day before, stored in the refrigerator, then gently heated when needed.
* Tip: marinade can be made the day before and refrigerated until needed.
**Tip: marinate lamb for 4-6 hours or overnight in refrigerator for a deeper flavour.