Substitute flat mushrooms with 350g. Button mushrooms if desired.
Approx. 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon (20mL) olive oil
- 70g butter, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 large flat mushrooms, coarsely chopped*
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 cups (500mL) salt-reduced chicken stock (or a good quality vegetable stock)
- 1 tablespoon (20mL) Kikkoman Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60mL) milk
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Heat olive oil and 50g of the butter in a saucepan over high heat until the butter is foaming.
- Add garlic and the large mushrooms and stir until mushrooms are tender (approx. 5-10 minutes).
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute, then add stock and the Sweet Soy Sauce and cook until mushrooms are very tender (approx. 15 minutes). Add milk.
- Allow to cool slightly before adding the soup mixture to a blender. Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Return the smooth Mushroom soup back to the saucepan to re-heat and season with black pepper, to taste. Serve amongst 4 soup bowls. Garnish with the fresh parsley.