- 25g dried Porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons (40mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g flat or button mushrooms, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons (40mL) Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce*
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Cracker biscuits, or vegetable crudit_s to serve
- Place Porcini mushrooms in a small bowl and add just enough boiling water to cover. Leave to soak for 1 hour, or until mushrooms are soft. Drain well, reserving 1/4 cup of the soaking liquid.
- Heat olive oil in a large fry pan. Add onion and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add flat or button mushrooms and cover for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are soft. Add Porcini mushrooms, reserved soaking liquid and Roasted Garlic Marinade; cook uncovered until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Process mushroom mixture in a food processor until smooth, and then cool. Stir in sour cream and ground black pepper. Serve at room temperature with cracker biscuits and vegetable crudit_s.
Tip: Pate can be prepared up to 2 days before and stored in an air-tight container until required. Bring back to room temperature before serving.
*Variation: Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce can be substituted for Roasted Garlic Marinade if desired.