Korean Marinated Chicken
15 minutes, plus overnight marinating.
Approx. 25 minutes
- 4 chicken thighs cut into 3x3 cm cubes
- 2 tbs. chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup cloudy apple juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Less Salt Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. miso paste
- 1 tsp. finely grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 small bunch spring onions, for garnish
- Black sesame seeds
- Rice bran oil for cooking
- Bamboo skewers
- In a non-metallic bowl, combine all ingredients apart from the chicken. Place half of the marinade in a sealable plastic bag. Reserve the other portion of marinade for later.
- Place the chicken in the bag and marinade overnight.
- On the day of cooking, place the reserved marinade in a pot and simmer for 20 minutes until thick and fragrant.
- In the meantime, place 3-4 pieces of chicken on each skewer. Heat a BBQ or griddle pan and chargrill on each side for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Serves with steamed rice and more of the marinade sauce. Garnish with finely chopped spring onions and black sesame seeds.