Chicken Soup takes on a Vietnamese twist with ginger, fish sauce and fresh herbs.
- 1L salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup cold water
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 2 star anise
- 1 tablespoon (20mL) Kikkoman Sesame, Ginger & Soy Marinade & Sauce
- 1 tablespoon (20mL) fish sauce
- 125g egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons (40mL) fresh lime juice
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- Thinly sliced red chilli and lime wedges, to serve
Combine stock, water, ginger, star anise, Sesame & Ginger Marinade and fish sauce in a large saucepan over high heat. Cover, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook noodles according to directions on pack. Separate noodles with a fork, then drain well.
Strain stock mixture to remove solids, and stir in lime juice.
Divide noodles between serving bowls, top with chicken and pour over stock mixture.
Top with mint, coriander and chilli if using. Serve with lime wedges.