Good old-fashioned Mushroom Soup gets a lift with our Sweet Soy Sauce.
- 1 tablespoon (20mL) olive oil
- 70g butter, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 large flat mushrooms, coarsely chopped*
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 cups (500mL) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon (20mL) Kikkoman Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60mL) milk
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
Heat olive oil and 50g of the butter in a saucepan over high heat until the butter is foaming. Add garlic and the large mushrooms and stir until mushrooms are tender (5-10 minutes). Add flour and stir for 1 minute, then add stock and the Sweet Soy Sauce and cook until mushrooms are very tender (about 15 minutes). Add milk and process in a blender until smooth. Season with ground black pepper, to taste. Garnish with the fresh parsley.
Note: substitute flat mushrooms with 350g. button mushrooms if desired.