Asian vegetables and noodles make a healthy and tasty soup. Our Less Salt Soy Sauce adds a richer flavour.
- 250g packet rice vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon (20mL) Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 1 bunch spring (green) onions, diagonally sliced
- 1 tablespoon (20mL) vegetable oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 5cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 6 cups (1.5L) chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons (10mL) sesame oil
- 1 punnet baby sweet corn, halved
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into florets, stems cut into 6cm lengths
- Soy sauce, to serve
- Chopped chilli, to serve (optional)
Cook the vermicelli according to directions on the pack.
Meanwhile, reserve 2 tablespoons of the spring onions. Place the remaining green onions and the vegetable oil in a large saucepan with the garlic and ginger. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat, for 2 minutes or until aromatic, stirring occasionally, taking care not to burn. Add stock and cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Add the sweet corn and broccolini to the saucepan with the soy sauce and sesame oil. Cover and return to the boil.
Rinse the vermicelli under hot running water to heat through. Drain well and divide evenly among serving bowls. Ladle the soup over the noodles and sprinkle with the reserved green onions. Serve immediately with extra soy sauce, and chilli if using.