- 1 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 4cm piece of ginger, peeled and cut into small matchsticks
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
- 270ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp sake
- 1 tbsp Kikkoman Less Salt Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp white miso paste
- 1kg mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped roughly
Warm naan bread to serve
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan on medium heat. Add the shallot, garlic, ginger and lemon grass. Sauté until shallots and garlic are translucent.
- Add coconut milk, sake, soy sauce and miso paste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels and chilli and stir well. Cover with a tight lid and cook for 5 minutes or until all of the mussels have opened. Remove pan from heat and stir in coriander.
- To serve, remove any un-opened mussels and place remaining mussels and broth in a large bowl. Serve with the warmed naan bread.