Beef, Bok Choy & Noodle Broth
- 4 cups (1L) beef stock
- 4 cups (1L) water
- 1 tablespoon (20mL) Kikkoman Less Salt Soy Sauce*
- 3cm piece ginger, grated
- 3 whole star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 250g dried thick rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons (10mL) fish sauce
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, stems separated
- 400g beef fillet, very thinly sliced
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Place beef stock, water, Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Less Salt Soy Sauce, grated ginger, star anise and cinnamon sticks into a saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packaging directions. Drain, then divide among 4 serving bowls.
- Trim bok choy leaves from stems, and slice stems finely. Coarsely chop coriander leaves.
- Strain the stock mixture into a heat-proof bowl, discarding cinnamon sticks, star anise. Transfer the stock back into a saucepan and simmer over a medium heat.
- Stir in fish sauce and bok choy stems. Cook for 1 minute then remove from heat. Stir in bok choy leaves and beef. Ladle soup over the noodles and top with coriander leaves.
*Substitute with Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce or Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Gluten Free Soy Sauce if desired.